Type of website: Charitable Trust
Effective date: 1st day of August, 2023
https://kaurirescue.org.nz (the “Site”) is owned and operated by Kauri Rescue Trust. Kauri Rescue Trust can be contacted at: email@example.com
1. The personal data we will collect;
2. Use of collected data;
3. Who has access to the data collected;
4. The rights of Site users; and
By using our Site users agree that they consent to:
Personal Data We Collect
Data Collected Automatically
When you visit and use our Site, we may automatically collect and store the following information:
1. IP address;
3. Hardware and software details;
4. Clicked links; and
5. Content viewed.
Data Collected in a Non-Automatic Way
We may also collect the following data when you perform certain functions on our Site:
1. First and last name;
2. Email address;
3. Phone number;
4. Address; and
5. Payment information.
This data may be collected using the following methods:
1. Making donations through the website donations widgets;
2. Making purchases through our online shop; and
3. Signing up for events run by the Trust..
How We Use Personal Data
1. Statistical; and
2. To aid in navigation and access to the site for returning users.
The data we collect when the user performs certain functions may be used for the following purposes:
1. To provide you with tax deductible donations certificates;
2. To enable you to access your donations transaction history;
3. To communicate with you with updates about the various projects we are undertaking.; and
4. For our account records.;
Who We Share Personal Data With
Third Parties: We may share user data with the following third parties:
1. Stripe Payments Processing Platform; and
2. Harlem 23 Ltd trading as Print Poppa who operate our merchandise service. In this regard we also encourage you to check the terms and conditions on their site: https://www.printpoppa.co.nz/ if you are planning on purchasing from our shop.
We may share the following user data with third parties:
1. Credit card and contact information for payment processing used by Stripe (https://stripe.com/en-nz). Note: Kauri Rescue does not store credit card details on our web servers and our team does not have access to this information; and
2. Contact information for merchandise.
We may share user data with third parties for the following purposes:
1. To process payments which you make through the website (donations and purchases); and
2. For the ordering and shipping of merchandise through Harlem 23 Ltd trading as Print Poppa.
Third parties will not be able to access user data beyond what is reasonably necessary to achieve the given purpose.
We will not sell or share your data with other third parties, except in the following cases:
1. If the law requires it;
2. If it is required for any legal proceeding;
3. To prove or protect our legal rights; and
4. To buyers or potential buyers of this company in the event that we seek to sell the company.
If you follow hyperlinks from our Site to another Site, please note that we are not responsible for and have no control over their privacy policies and practices.
How Long We Store Personal Data
User data will be stored for 7 years. You will be notified if your data is kept for longer than this period.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
In order to protect your security, we use browser encryption and store all of our data on servers in secure facilities. Your data is only accessible by the trustees and web support team. Credit card information which you provide is processed securely via direct integration with Stripe (https://stripe.com/en-nz) our preferred payments platform. Stripe is recognised globally as one of the worlds leading payments processing platforms for the web and used my millions of businesses around the world. PLEASE NOTE: We do not capture or store your credit card details on our internal systems.
While we take all reasonable precautions to ensure that user data is secure and that users are protected, there always remains the risk of harm. The Internet as a whole can be insecure at times and therefore we are unable to guarantee the security of user data beyond what is reasonably practical.
We do not knowingly collect or use personal data from children under 16 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under 16 years of age, the personal data will be deleted as soon as possible. If a child under 16 years of age has provided us with personal data their parent or guardian may contact our privacy officer.
How to Access, Modify, Delete, or Challenge the Data Collected
If you would like to know if we have collected your personal data, how we have used your personal data, if we have disclosed your personal data and to who we disclosed your personal data, or if you would like your data to be deleted or modified in any way, please contact our privacy officer here: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Opt-Out of Data Collection, Use or Disclosure
In addition to the method(s) described in the How to Access, Modify, Delete, or Challenge the Data Collected section, we provide the following specific opt-out methods for the forms of collection, use, or disclosure of your personal data specified below:
1. You can opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing emails. You can opt-out by clicking “unsubscribe” on the bottom of any marketing email or updating your email preferences under “Your Account” if you have made a donation through our website.
A cookie is a small file, stored on a user’s hard drive by a website. Its purpose is to collect data relating to the user’s browsing habits. You can also choose to disable cookies entirely in your internet browser, but this may decrease the quality of your user experience.
We use the following types of cookies on our Site:
1. Functional cookies
. Functional cookies are used to remember the selections you make on our Site so that your selections are saved for your next visits;
2. Analytical cookies. Analytical cookies allow us to improve the design and functionality of our Site by collecting data on how you access our Site, for example data on the content you access, how long you stay on our Site, etc; and
3. Third-Party Cookies. Third-party cookies are created by a website other than ours. We may use third-party cookies to achieve the following purposes:
– to monitor user preferences; and
– to determine how the site is being used.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints, you can contact our privacy officer, at: email@example.com